2018-03-23

Rolex GMT–MASTER II Cal. 3285

The GMT Master II gets three new looks and a brand new high-performance caliber!



Widely considered as one of the major releases of this year’s Baselworld, does the new Rolex GMT-Master II show sibling brand, Tudor how to do a GMT diver properly?

Of course there’s room for both but in fairness this is in different league anyway. 



We’ve already seen that Rolex were producing high-tech Cerachrom bezel inlays in dual-colors such as on their highly emulated (think Steinhart, Deep Blue, Davosa etc.) GMT Master II Ref. 116710BLNR with its blue and black 24hr scale,



but this year it’s their iconic red and blue AKA Pepsi bezel that is making all the fuss. When I think of a GMT diver,



I kinda’ always picture a Rolex GMT with its classic red and blue bezel – my Dad had a Tissot with a Pepsi bezel when I was a young lad,



so for me it makes total sense that folks are gonna’ get excited over this year’s Ref. 126710BLRO.



But it isn’t just about that emblematic colored bezel which incidentally looks even sexier imo in luxurious 18k Everose Gold with a black and brown Cerachrom inlay AKA Root beer – totally baller,



but more importantly that new heart beating inside, the Rolex caliber 3285 that now equips the GMT Master II.



This movement is characterized by its exceptional performance, particularly in terms of its precision, and delivers a power reserve of approximately 70 hours.



The 2018 Rolex GMT Master II comes in three flavors: Oystersteel with an Oystersteel Jubilee bracelet or two-tone Rolesor Steel and 18K Everose Gold.




Additionally there is a third version made entirely from 18K Everose Gold with an 18K Everose Gold bracelet.



Thoughts? I really like these, but when it comes to expensive watches, I tend to play it safe so I’m not likely to ever buy a Pepsi bezel from Rolex from fear of tiring of it over time, but if I was playa’ I’d definitely get myself the Rolesor two-tone version – so nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

OceanicTime Archives